Plantation shutters have become increasingly popular as a stylish and practical way to dress windows in our homes. However, as the standard shutters are made of wood or vinyl, they only provide privacy from peeping eyes, not real security. The alternatives for vulnerable windows and doors are the ugly burglar bars, grilles or roller shutter doors. With Rhino Shutters you can now secure your windows with a beautiful shutter.
Most homes have vulnerable windows and doors in basements, on the ground floor or near flat roofs. Burglars are mainly opportunists and will choose easy targets where entrances are unprotected. By installing external or internal security plantation shutters, intruders will be deterred from even trying to break-in.
Rhino Shutters can be installed internally where any wooden shutter, security grill, blind or curtain could go. But as they are made from rust-free aluminium and steel, they can also be fitted outside – for example across patio and bifold doors.
Rhino Shutters are manufactured entirely from aluminium and stainless steel and have a patented key lock mechanism.
When thinking of security shutters for homes we typically conjure up images of roller shutters and grilles that are more suited shops, or even fixed metal bars that would not look out of place on a prison window. Unfortunately the options rarely stray from this but having adding security on windows and doors is essential for many homeowners. So it’s a breath of fresh air that this month, Rhino Shutters have launched their unique style of security shutters that add a touch of style and elegance to interiors.
Rhino security plantation shutters are a brand new product to the UK. Manufactured in South Africa, they combine the fashionable elegance of plantation shutters with the robustness of burglar bars. They are made entirely from stainless steel and aluminium and each comes with a patented lock system. They can be fitted inside where a traditional wooden shutters would normally sit, or externally as they are fully resistant to rust. They are suitable for windows as well as patio and bi fold doors which are becoming increasingly popular for people having extensions built.
These shutters have already proved to be incredibly popular in South Africa where the crime rate is high and home security is a top priority. They have even been installed in parliamentary minister houses in South Africa. Burglars are opportunists who will often target homes that appear to have vulnerable openings. Rhino shutters will deter potential intruders altogether, and for those who try it will take a significant amount of time and noise to break through.
Saftidor Retractable Gates
All components are phosphate treated and finished in a resilient white gloss coating. Saftidor provides an attractive visual deterrent against traditional break-in methods. The wide range of standard stock sizes can be quickly and easily fitted in almost any setting, including commercial, domestic and industrial applications. Used in combination, this system is also ideal for shop fronts, with no tracks or other fittings to obstruct the display of goods.
Saftidors can be installed using adjustable posts at regular intervals to provide the necessary support without having to use top supports or tracks.
- The Saftidor is a diamond mesh collapsible gate, available in 7 standard widths and 2 heights (2 metres & 2.5 metres).
- Top Tracks are not supplied as standard but they are available as an optional extra in either a 2 or 3 metre length.
- Security can be enhanced with the addition of certain brackets .
- Saftidors can be cut down in height for an extra charge .
- The sashes come supplied as standard with a pair of hinges and are finished in white. Add price of lock or lock pack as required.
- The S8 castor is recommended on all widths of 1150mm and above. If you require an S8 castor please ensure you allow 45mm for the height of the castor wheel when calculating for fitting the Saftidor within a reveal.
- The Saftiwindow has a slightly different lock to the Saftidor, but it is still the same basic design.
- Saftiwindow is available in 2 widths and 5 heights, and like the Saftidor it can be used in a double sash format which correspondingly doubles the width options.
- Security can be enhanced with the addition of certain brackets. The sashes are supplied as standard with a pair of S4 butt hinges and finished in white. These hinges give a unique hinge facility.
Trackless Barrier System
Spanning any width and up to a maximum height of 2.5 metres, it can be temporarily fixed in place with shoot bolts locking each trolley into the floor, for optimum security. Locking devices on the end posts allow them to be effectively secured to the walls.
- This application can be used for barrier access for shopping centres, factory units, car parks, loading bays, function centres, warehouses, sport facilities, crowd control or simply for partitioning.
- The system is completely trackless (no top or bottom track), operates on a series of steel reinforced trolleys and can be completely mobile
- The system can span any width
- The standard heights available are 2m and 2.5m
Double Diamond Emergency Exit
The attack side of the gate retains a key operated lock to restrict access. Importantly, the tight diamond pattern combined with a shielding plate, prevents intruders from reaching through the lattices to unlock the gate. The Double Diamond can provide a highly effective barrier against smash and grab raids.
- Specifically designed for securing emergency exit doors and vulnerable glass door entrances.
- Double Diamond doors can be unlocked from inside the premises by means of a thumb-turn lock, ensuring a quick keyless exit in emergencies but providing a very effective deterrent to potential intruders.
- There are no tracks and the door hinges aside as standard if required.
- The tight diamond pattern combines with a protection plate to prevent intruders from reaching through the lattices to unlock the gate.
- Particularly effective against ‘smash and grab’ raids.
- Can also be installed with L250B lock pack in non emergency exit applications.